Although Valorant is just one and a quarter years old, it is still one of the most loved first-person shooter video games. Riot releases new versions of Valorant all the time. While old issues are being fixed and new issues are emerging, players still face low FPS and drops in Valorant. We have gathered all solutions to these problems.
Before you proceed, make sure that your PC/Laptop specifications meet the minimum system requirements.
Valorant System Requirements
|Minimum Specs // 30FPS||Recommendations // 60FPS||High-End Specifications // 144FPS|
|CPU//||Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, Athlon 200GE(AMD),||Intel i3-4150 (Intel), Ryzen 3 1200 (AMD)||Intel i5-9400F 2.90GHz (Intel), Ryzen 5 2600X (AMD)|
|GPU//||Radeon R5 200, Intel HD 4000||Geforce GT 730 Radeon R7 220||GTX 1050 Ti Radeon R7 3370|
|Windows||7/8/10 64-bit||7/8/10 64-bit||7/8/10 64-bit|
These advanced fixes are only for those who are certain that their system can run Valorant.
Here are some solutions
Try each one until you find the solution.
We recommend that you monitor your in-game performance before trying these fixes. To monitor any performance changes or boosts, you can use the framerate and FPS counter in-game or MSI Afterburner/Nvidia performance overlay/AMD Radeon Overlay.
FIX 1 – Install the latest Windows Updates
Windows releases system updates periodically to fix bugs and address software incompatibilities. You can resolve your FPS problem by upgrading to the most recent version of your software. This may also include a performance boost.
Here are the steps to update Windows 10, 8, and 7:
- Use the Windows key to access your keyboard.
- Click on the Start and then click on Settings.
- To open the Settings tab, press Windows + I key.
- Click on Security.
- Click on Now, check for Windows Update.
- After you have installed system updates, restart your computer.
- Keep checking for updates until you see ” Your up-to-date
- To open the charms bar, swipe to the right or move your mouse cursor to the right-hand corner.
- Choose Settings in the charms bar.
- To open charms bar, press Windows + I key.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Modify PC Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the left-hand list and select Windows update.
- Select To Check for Updates Now.
Windows 7 support ended January 14, 2020
To continue receiving security updates from Microsoft, we recommend that you upgrade to Windows 10 to keep your current Windows 7 PC.
Play a Deathmatch in Valorant after installing all system updates. If the system updates fail and you continue to experience FPS drops or low FPS, then proceed to the next step.
FIX 2 – Optimize your PC Power Plan
- To open Run Command Window, press Windows + R key simultaneously. The Run tab will appear in the bottom left corner.
- In the run tab type control powercfg.cpl and then click OK. Or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- If your device is already on a power plan, choose the High Performance power plan.
High Performance Power plan may consume more power than other plans, but it could give you an increase in performance.
Next, run Valorant to check your in-game performance. If these issues persist, then proceed to the next step.
FIX 3 – Install the latest graphics driver
For Nvidia Users:
- Fill-up this form with your graphics card information. Next, search > download and install driver.
You can also install it using Geforce experience, which includes a few other features.
- Click here to get Nvidia Experience for your computer.
- Install Gefore and log in / register
- Next, open the program and click Driver in the top-left navigation.
- In the top-right corner, click on ” Check for Updates“.
- You can download the Download driver if you do not have the most recent Nvidia Driver.
- Download and install driver.
For AMD users:
- Right-click on your desktop to select AMD Radion Settings.
- Click on Radeon Settings to open the Updates menu.
- The menu option will display New Update if a new driver has been installed.
- Click on the tile to install the driver version you want.
- To install only core components of the driver package, click on Express Update.
- To upgrade, click on Proceed.
After the driver has been installed successfully, restart your computer and verify the FPS in Valorant. If you are still having problems, try the next one.
FIX 4 – Kill all background programs
FPS drops can be caused by background programs that consume your resources. Before you launch Valorant, make sure that you aren’t running large programs such as Chrome or Discord.
This is the most common reason why FPS drops.
FIX 5 – Optimize In-Game Graphics Settings
Your gameplay experience may be affected if you use the wrong graphics settings. Unoptimized settings may cause FPS drops in certain areas. Optimize your settings if they are not optimized.
A higher frame rate will result in a smoother gaming experience, as well as reducing your game latency. Go to Valorant’s Setting> > Graphics quality and adjust all of your in-game settings. Your FPS will be boosted if you lower the graphics quality. Low settings are best for those who are playing on older or weaker graphics cards. If you have the most powerful graphics card, you can adjust your settings individually to see which setting is causing the low frame rate. Vsync can increase frame time and cap your FPS.
If that doesn’t work, try the next one.
FIX 6 – Disable Fullscreen Optimization
Reddit users shared their experience with this solution. Some people saw double the amount of FPS they usually get. It is not guaranteed to work for everyone.
- File manager: Open Valorant.exe location
- Right-click on the exe file to open Property.
- Next, click on Compatibility tab and then go to the settings section.
- Now check the Enable fullscreen optimization box and apply it.
- If you’re using fullscreen mode, run Valorant and hit F11 two times or once to switch between windowed/ borderless.
We hope that this will increase your FPS by a substantial amount.
FIX 7 – Disable Xbox Game Bar
FPS drops can sometimes occur in Xbox games bar. Valorant isn’t an exception. Disable it to check Valorant FPS.
- Or, open Windows settings using the Start menu.
- Click on Gaming to go to Xbox Game Bar.
- Turn it on.
You can turn it back on later. Some games require an Xbox game invitation. It is best to turn it off before you start Valorant.
Didn’t work? Try the next one.
FIX 8 – Reinstall the Game
This is a common solution to almost all Valorant-related problems and issues. You should also know that you don’t have to download the entire game in order to reinstall Valorant.
Keep the game launcher open and all files intact. Run the latest Valorant executable file from the Official PlayValorant Website. The exe file will be overwritten. If necessary, you can verify and repair any game files. Restart your computer after the process is completed. Run Valorant to verify if there are any problems.
These are minor fixes that rarely work for everyone. These solutions may not work for you, but they might be worth a shot.
Disable Skin effects:Premium skins use different VFX, sound, and finisher. You can disable them to see if there are performance differences.
Check Storage State: An older hard drive may have too many bad sectors, or be at the end of its life-cycle and has low read/write speed. This can lead to stuttering as well as FPS drops.
Software such as CrystalDiskMarks and Hard Disk Sentinel can be used to check storage health.
These are the common fixes for your Valorant FPS drop issues. Please leave a message if you have any inquiries or suggestions. We will respond as soon as possible.