Destiny 2 Divinity Exotic quest can only be obtained by those who have purchased the Shadowkeep expansion.
You will need to enter the Shadowkeep’s Raid in Garden of Salvation to unlock this Exotic Arc Trace Rifle.
You can take these steps alone, but they are important.
Divinity can be used to aid in raid parties and end-game activities. If you are dealing with sustained damage, it creates a large critical strike spot on the target.
Divinity is a very powerful debuff because it stacks with other buffs, such as melting points and light wings.
How to Get Destiny 2 Divinity: Quick Guide
- To begin the quest, travel in the Moon Patrol to the Lunar Battlegrounds. Clear Vex enemies and you will be able to return to the Moon Patrol.
- Three Nessus Lost Sectors are available for scanning Oracles
- You must get Decryption Cores to destroy Vex enemies on Moon
- Purchase an Empowered Decryption Core containing 30 Phantasmal fragments.
- Complete the seven puzzles in the Garden of Salvation Raid.
Once you’ve completed all these steps, Divinity will be yours!
How to Start the Divinity Quest
You will need to travel to the Moon, Patrol, and then to the Lunar Battlegrounds to start the Divinity quest.
Follow these steps to get to the Lunar Battlegrounds:
- Head to Sorrow’s Harbour to reach the south end of that area.
- Cross the bridge to reach the Lunar Battlegrounds.
Take a hard left after you cross the bridge and follow the cliff wall until you reach a cave.
The cave’s far back is home to the Vex Gate. From here, it will start to spawn Vex groups.
Clear all Vex until you reach the Vex Minotaur Zeteon boss, Redemptive mind.
You can defeat him and he will drop an Exotic Engram. Pick it up and you’ll get the quest “What’s this… What’s that?” which is the first step of the Divine Fragmentation quest.
Step 1: What’s This… What’s This?
This step will require you to locate Oracles within three Lost Sectors of Nessus. They are hidden in rooms that aren’t immediately obvious.
Once you find one, scan it twice to ensure it spawns a few enemies.
These are the Vex Core locations:
- Artifact’s Edge contains the Orrery.
- Locate the mountainside entrance, and work your way in.
- Once you reach the main room, go up the left platform until you see the Hobgoblins shooting.
- Continue climbing up until you reach the third floor.
- You should look for a small crack in the wall.
- Within that opening, you’ll find a data node.
- Scanning it will allow you to defeat any spawning enemies. Then scan the node once more.
The next step is to reach 33%.
- The Conflux is your next Lost Sector. You can find it in The Nessus Cistern.
- Hang on to the right as you go in.
- To get into the little space, you will need to leap up the wall.
- The data node will be right in front of your face after you turn the corner.
- The Orrery is the same as it was in The Orrery.
The Ancient’s Haunt
- The Ancient Haunt is located in The Tangle and is your last Lost Sector.
- It’s easy to find this data node.
- Play through the Lost Sector as natural and look for a cave to your left.
- You can view the data node before you actually go in.
- It can be seen from the main road.
- You can scan the node just like you did before and you will complete this quest step.
For the exact location of the vex core, you can view the video below from WoW Queests
Step 2: Defragmentation
You will need to obtain 120 Decryption cores in this step. To do so, you must kill Vex on Moon.
Head over to the Moon to try and find Vex. Another easy way is to visit the cave in the Lunar Battlegrounds, where you will find a lot Vex.
This is because the Vex Offensive activity has been discontinued.
That will be it.
Step 3: The Core of Nightmares
To get to this stage, you’ll need to purchase an Empowered Decryon Core. To do so, you’ll need to spend 30 Phantasmal Fringements at the Lectern of Enchantment near Eris.
You can either acquire Phantasmal Fragments by killing Nightmares, or you can purchase them at the Lectern for Enchantment to receive five Helium Filaments.
Step 4: The Key to Divinity
After you have completed all of the steps above, you will be able to proceed to the Garden of Salvation raid.
There are seven puzzles in the Garden of Salvation that you must complete. All the puzzles revolve around the raid’s tether mechanic.
This step will be initiated by activating a node at raid’s beginning.
To activate the node, you must run off the cliff when you start raiding.
To help you better understand the solutions to puzzles, we have embedded Datto’s YouTube video. Here he shows the locations as well as the solutions.
The first step in the puzzles section starts at 3:00 into the video!
After you have completed all of the puzzles in the raid, you can then defeat the final boss.
You will need to solve all the puzzles and beat the final Boss in one go. If you leave a puzzle unsolved, you’ll have to start over.
The DivinityTrace Rifle will be found in the second chest at the end of each raid.