Shape Water Cantrip
Casting time: 1 Action
Range: 30ft (5 sq ft)
Choose an area of water you can see and that is within the 5-foot limit. It can be manipulated in any of these ways:
- Instantaneously, you can move the water flow in any direction that you choose. It can go up to 5 feet. The force of this movement isn’t enough to cause any damage.
- The water will change into simple shapes that you can direct. This transformation lasts one hour.
- The water’s color and/or opacity can be changed. You must change the water in the same manner throughout. This process takes 1 hour.
- The water can be frozen, as long as there aren’t any living creatures. Water freezes within one hour.
- You can only cast this spell once, but you cannot have more than two non-instantaneous effects at any one time. If you do, you can discard such an effect as an act.
You instantaneously move or otherwise change the flow of the water as you direct, up to 5 feet in any direction. This movement doesn’t have enough force to cause damage.
- Boiling water should be moved above the head of a target
- Move water into an area that is suspicious to find traps
- You can breathe underwater by keeping a bubble about your head
- Divide drinks into different cups or shot glasses
- Redirect the flow of water from a fountain, leak, or hose.
- To create an obstacle, you can freeze water and move it into a doorway or space.
The water will change into simple shapes that you can direct. This transformation lasts one hour.
- Signs can be used to send signals to other people
- Create shapes such as boxes or bridges and freeze the water.
- You can create “disappearingink” by creating messages on paper with a distinctive color. Later, the ink will disappear.
- You can make improvised tools out of ice.
The water’s color and/or opacity can be changed. You must change the water in the same manner throughout. This process takes 1 hour.
- Your drink should look like another type of beverage (e.g. alcohol, coffee, poison, etc.)
- Make water look like blood to deceive people
- Clearing a body water allows you to investigate it more easily
- Make water so cloudy that you feel like you are stealingth
The water can be frozen, as long as there aren’t any living creatures. Water freezes within one hour.
- Potion Bomb – Pour the potion in a frozen container. It is likely to be easier to break than a bottle of potion.
- Sabotage is when water is moved onto a part of a machine and frozen (e.g. Wheel of a wagon
- You can create traps by using frozen water to hide holes in objects or other objects.
- You can create traps by freezing an area near a danger cliff or threat.
- You can create a water illusion by freezing under your feet
- You can deceive people by freezing water and shaping it into jewel-like forms
- Improvised trap: Freezing ice to create punji spike-like forms
- Lockpicking is done by moving water into a lock, filling it and then freezing.
- You can cover bonus by freezing water in a sheet in front of your face
- Pykrete is a form of durable ice that forms when water freezes with sawdust or wood pulp.
- Use holy water to freeze holy water into improvised weapons for certain creatures.
- You can make a boat out of a piece of ice by creating an improvised boat.
- For fancy drinks, freeze water in a glass shape and then move it into a container.
You can only have two non-instantaneous effects of this spell active at once.